[Stoves] Practical Stoves- Introducing The Versatile Stove

Tony Vovers vovers1 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 22:11:42 CDT 2016

Dale - Thanks very much for a clear and interesting report. I very much
appreciate the approach to focus on the need of the user and usability.
We are in the process to create some stoves for coconut sugar production
where all these factors are paramount.
As you well point out there are efficiency losses but maybe they can be
improved on.

I am very interested in the use and concept of Alu for reflective
insulation.
Do you have any best practices on the best way to apply this? How many
layers, separation from the hot surfaces, flat vs "crinkled".
Our stove will be a metal firebox and stack with surrounding brick and
either perlite/clay or wood ash as an insulator between.
I am planning to add a reflective layer on the inside of the brick and
outside of the perlite.

Do keep us informed of new learnings, I will try to incorporate some of
these ideas into our new stoves.

Tony Vovers
+1 281 7381000 (VOIP)
+62 (813) 3888 9062 (HP)