[Stoves] Accidental TLUD technique discovery

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 13:27:46 CST 2016

[Default] On Wed, 16 Nov 2016 17:18:02 +0000,Crispin Pemberton-Pigott
<crispinpigott at outlook.com> wrote:

>But...the top lighting of coal is commonly known as 'the Scotch method'!

Well that will be to do with a whisky drinker as opposed to anything a
Scots man might do :-)

>I wonder if we can trace the method back historically to someone from Scotland.

I don't think my experience as a soft southerner should  imply
anything about other parts of Britain but coal would have been a cheap
fuel in much of the island, peat would have been used in a lot of
Scotland.

AJH