[Stoves] Agro waste for "processed" solid fuel (Re: Anand Karve)

Traveller miata98 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 23:24:48 CDT 2016

Moderator: I changed the subject line. I hope we can get more observations
on fuel processing.
--------------

Dr. Karve has brought up another interesting perspective - briquettes from
agro wastes as boiler fuel.

And the broader point that agro waste has as much primary energy content -
but not the usability and markets - as petroleum in India. An overall
biomass balance may be worth some research, identifying policy-relevant
decision structures.

--

Also in Maharashtra, agro waste is used to fire brick kilns (that's how I
collected some numbers on industrial fuel prices and transport costs).

And of course bagasse from sugar plantations is used for power generation.

There are emissions from these sources, of course, leading to at least
50,000 premature deaths per year in India.

How do I know? I just made up the number. What's the point of going through
the IHME vetting process, really? They get away with murder, as they admit.
I get away with a laugh.

Nikhil

Message: 7