[Stoves] News: Charcoal stoves to save Haiti or the World

Traveller miata98 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 11:59:50 CDT 2016

Haiti might be the sterling example of the failure of official aid - or
sophomoric aid entrepreneurs like the Clintons - in "improved biomass
stoves". I hope someone on this list takes up the challenge of thinking
this right; I can't. Saving forests, lives and climates is elite chatter;
children continue to be victims.

Haiti is in the news again. Clinton Foundation has rushed with help and is
trying to raise money. Members of the Clinton Foundation Community Respond
to Hurricane Matthew; Ways to Support
<https://www.clintonfoundation.org/blog/2016/10/04/members-clinton-foundation-community-respond-hurricane-matthew-ways-support>
.

The Clintons have been saving Haiti for years now. ABC News reports on Clinton
Foundation Statement
<http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/clinton-foundation-statement/story?id=42653561>
just
issued; its earlier item "Friends of Bill": Clinton Controversy in Haiti
after 2010 Earthquake
<http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/video/hillarys-state-dept-gave-special-attention-friends-bill-42745387>
.

I know how friends get together to respond to an emergency. I too was
called by friends to help with the Haiti earthquake. I want to write here
about STOVES in Haiti, potentially a sterling case study in failure of
donor dreams, 700 miles from the US with some 2 million poor households.

But stoves need fuel, a primary problem in disaster management. This from Aid
convoys arrive as Haiti gauges full extent of disaster
<http://www.koat.com/article/aid-convoys-arrive-as-haiti-gauges-full-extent-of-disaster/5215015>
(8