[Stoves] Chervals-India-atmosfair

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Sun Oct 16 21:07:27 CDT 2016

Dear Ron and Paul

I think I can clarify one point about the carbon finance and putting charcoal into the ground or not:

The finance for the project is coming from using the charcoal as a coal offset – as an industrial fuel. Using the charcoal means the coal is not dug, then coked, then used in the factory.

If you put the char in the ground you will cause the loss of the coal offset finance.

If the production volume gets to the point that there is too much for the industry to absorb, there will be some for other purposes. It can either substitute charcoal produced directly from wood (we assume wastefully) or coal being applied to another purpose.