[Stoves] Charcoal from waste - home cooking or other markets? (Re: Crispin, Anand Karve)

Rebecca A. Vermeer ravermeer at telus.net
Fri Oct 21 03:09:53 CDT 2016

Kirk --  Thanks for the retort/TLUD idea.  Please take a look at my Whirly Pinay clay stove and Kelpie Wilson's Whirly Girl.  With the Whirly Pinay I can stop the cooking when the gas runs out and save the char from burning.   I will ask my cook in the Philippines (I'm in Canada right now) to try cooking with a thoroughly dried sawdust.   Regarding the new rice husk stoves, would you consider modifying one to see if it can use sawdust?  I only have the capability to work with clay.

Tony  --  which institutional stoves  have used sawdust for cooking?   Why have the cooks reverted back to wood?  Do you have pictures where sawdust was used as fuel?

Many thanks,

Rebecca