[Stoves] Burning homes, children, and spewing smokes from stoves (Was Biochar Proposal - Lloyd Helferty)

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 05:39:48 CDT 2016

[Default] On Sun, 30 Oct 2016 10:02:48 +0000,Crispin Pemberton-Pigott
<crispinpigott at outlook.com> wrote:

>It would not surprise me at all that people using a poor ethanol stove in enclosed surroundings get a headache. There are lots of organic compounds that can be produced from hot, evaporated ethanol.

It doesn't need to be alcohol vapour, there is another PIC associated
with poor alcohol combustion, aldehydes. They are implicated in a
number of respiratory problems.

I think  alcohol content of vehicle fuel is an increasing source of
atmospheric aldehydes.

AJH