[Stoves] Hi tech cow dung technology (Anil Rajvanshi)

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 07:59:48 CDT 2016

Dear Nikhil,
producing biogas from dung is a very wasteful process. 1 kg (dry weight) of
dung, which would yield 4000 kcal energy if burned,  yields only about 200
kcal energy, if converted into biogas. In the city where I live, cowdung
cakes are used in certain religious rites. They are sold at a lucrative
price of about 9 USCents per piece. That would be a very attractive
business for a Dutch dairy farmer, but drying the dung would be problematic
in a country like holland.
Yours
A.D.Karve

***
Dr. A.D. Karve

Chairman, Samuchit Enviro Tech Pvt Ltd (www.samuchit.com)

Trustee & Founder President, Appropriate Rural Technology Institute (ARTI)