[Stoves] Hi tech cow dung technology (Anil Rajvanshi)

energiesnaturals energiesnaturals at gmx.de
Sun Sep 4 10:48:10 CDT 2016

Very true Anand, but kcals are not the whole story. Don't forget that biogas burns much more efficiently than dried dung, produces much less noxious smoke and one retains all the fertilizer for growing more. There are many Cs saved!
B.R. from Rolf suffering from 42 C in Spain

Von Samsung-Tablet gesendetAnand Karve <adkarve at gmail.com> hat geschrieben:Dear Nikhil,
producing biogas from dung is a very wasteful process. 1 kg (dry weight) of dung, which would yield 4000 kcal energy if burned,  yields only about 200 kcal energy, if converted into biogas. In the city where I live, cowdung cakes are used in certain religious rites. They are sold at a lucrative price of about 9 USCents per piece. That would be a very attractive business for a Dutch dairy farmer, but drying the dung would be problematic in a country like holland.
Yours
A.D.Karve

***
Dr. A.D. Karve

Chairman, Samuchit Enviro Tech Pvt Ltd (www.samuchit.com)

Trustee & Founder President, Appropriate Rural Technology Institute (ARTI)