[Stoves] A multi-trillion $ startup idea - Organicveganfoods.com (Re: Anurag, Anil, Dr. Karve, Ron Larson)

Traveller miata98 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 17:23:47 CDT 2016

I love fires and foods of all kinds. Hence the interest in stove types and
service standards.

Age dims fires and hungers. So I am wondering if one answer to the
household air pollution and premature mortality - mine included - is raw
food. Some people eat raw eggs, raw beef, etc. but raw food will be largely
vegetarian.

Anurag Bhatnagar, Anil Rajvanshi, Anand Karve, and Ron Larson gave me to an
idea for a startup. After all, I also love money and company.

The company will start marketing the ideas, then technical assistance to
shift the production and consumption of human foods, then .. ahem, seeking
EPA/ISO certificates for hardware performance, USDA/FDA certification on
inputs (seeds, algae, etc.), all the fresh-minted beancounters from
universities to do Monitoring and Evaluation, publish reports and papers.

I can see the revolution coming. Why, I own the intellectual property
rights for this concept and sell it to Clinton Foundation after the
Clintons. But I want to own and control the company. I need to raise social
venture capital to apply social merchant banking concepts to this company
and its franchisees - social entrepreneurs working for the poor.

Anybody interested in doing a presentation with me at the Yale annual
conference on social entrepreneurship and technological innovation
(something like that)?

Here are the core ideas. Applied to the world of ten billion people, all
adults employed, the market potential is easily into trillion $s (no, not
Zim$). Life expectancy 100 years. Sustainability rating 9 out of 10.

1. Vegan food a la Sailesh Rao of ClimateHealers.Org, as Anurag mentioned;
I add "organic" to avoid fossil-fuels based fertilizers.

2. Served fresh in restaurants or home delivered, as Anil mentioned; on
bicycles, solar electric scooters and wind electric trucks.

3. Some cooking at homes, with leaf-based biogas, as Dr. Karve mentioned;
"smart" solar stoves with electricity. Pressure cookers for legumes,
electric kettles for beverages, biogas stills for alcohols,

4. Soil strengthening with biochar, as Ron mentioned.

5. Additional new fertilizers to improve soil productivities. It may well
be that elimination of animal-based foods will free up lots of land, we
will get forests back, and not need fertilizers for food crops.

6. Automated food processing at home - electric choppers, say - and
outside.

GHG emission reduction: livestock methane, avoidance of leaf burning or
composting methane, reduction of refrigeration (frozen meats and fish,
dairy products), reduction of food transport (only herbs, spices, oils,
grains, and some vegetables and fruits).

Health co-benefits: Elimination of household air pollution from cooking,
reduction of obesity,

Just name your price in $/tCO2e and $/DALY.

Land and water economies will be transformed. New jobs will emerge in the
entire food sector.

This will work in temperate regions of the world. Keeping warm in winters
will take wind, geothermal, solar heaters and changes in architecture,
construction materials.

Ready to roll? (Sorry, dark humor on 9/11).

Nikhil

---------
(India +91) 909 995 2080