[Stoves] Off-topic: News from Colorado: 'Rolling Coal"

nari phaltan nariphaltan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 23:45:06 CDT 2016

Nikhil.

Any technologies or fuels which supports life for rural or urban poor
should not be banned or taxed. The poor are not fools. They also like clean
air and when the affordable clean technologies become available they will
go for it. Till then they have to survive and if in doing so they pollute
the environment so be it. That is the law of Darwin. Survival is the first
order of scheme!

One of the unintended benefits of LPG availability for rural poor in
Maharashtra has been that people have stopped cutting trees and collecting
wood. Most of the people who use to sell wood and provide jobs to so many
for cutting it illegally in our area are closing shops.

Cheers.

Anil

Nimbkar Agricultural Research Institute (NARI)
Tambmal, Phaltan-Lonand Road
P.O.Box 44
Phaltan-415523, Maharashtra, India
Ph:91-2166-220945/222842