[Stoves] Oxymorons and credentials --- was Re: Off-topic no longer, re: News from Colorado: 'Rolling Coal"

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 00:35:16 CDT 2016

Dear Stovers,
For cleanliness of burning, nobody can beat gaseous fuels. Using the
technology developed by us, it is very easy  to produce biogas privately in
your own household from biodegradable garbage. It is therefore free of
cost, and at least to the date of this writing, the Government has not
taxed it. The technology developed by us, namely the urban household biogas
plant, is slowly being adopted by households all over India. At least two
big Industrial houses have started manufacturing and marketing such plants
in India. Charcoal is another such fuel, which too burns very cleanly. With
our TLUD kiln, we can produce charcoal cleanly from any light biomass like
fallen leaves or agricultural waste. I am currently trying to develop a
household technology aimed at converting charcoal into water gas, a mixture
of hydrogen and carbon monoxide. Water gas was used as cooking fuel almost
a century ago. It is also a very clean fuel, but it contains carbon
monoxide, which is poisonous. I was wondering if a simple method , such as
a membrane filter, was available for removing it from water gas.
Yours
A.D.Karve

***
Dr. A.D. Karve

Chairman, Samuchit Enviro Tech Pvt Ltd (www.samuchit.com)

Trustee & Founder President, Appropriate Rural Technology Institute (ARTI)