[Stoves] Oxymorons and credentials --- was Re: Off-topic no longer, re: News from Colorado: 'Rolling Coal"

Andrew Heggie aj.heggie at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 13:17:56 CDT 2016

On 28 September 2016 at 17:13, <cec1863 at gmail.com> wrote:

> So I am personally and methodologically in favor of keeping as many odd
> balls and outsiders as possible in the stove conversation. Why not?

I can live with that   but why do they have to be so verbose? I try and
read all contributions but with some after a few lines my eyes glaze over...

Of course it should just be on the "stove conversation" and labelling it
"off topic"  immediately falls foul on that score, so please everyone, on
topic and on stoves, debate political theories elsewhere.

> My position is that we are wasting time arguing over global stove
> performance standards‎ and tests. We are still in the model T stage of the
> development of the small household stove industry. A global ISO process is
> counter productive because it is very premature. We need to bring practical
> role of thumb as well sophisticated applied stove science and testing to
> the people who need stove services, We need simple tried and true test
> methods that involve the end users and stove producers. As Crispin has been
> urging we need  competent stove scientists who know how to evolve optimized
> stoves *in situ.*
>
> IMO we do not need more stove, fuel and testing protocol missionaries.
>
> ‎Cecil

I agree with that , especially the model T metaphor for our current stage
of stove development.
Being in the business of maintaining a small fleet of modern,
electronically controlled vehicles I have come to prefer tinkering with
elarier examples of car evolution.

Andrew