[Stoves] News (22 Sept 16): Obama awards National Humanities Medal to Chef Jose Anders

Cookswell Jikos cookswelljikos at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 15:13:07 CDT 2016

Well done to Jose Andres and well done to the GACC for the idea of a chef
corp, personally I have mostly found that the more cooks in the kitchen,
the better the flavor of the meal!
Including chef's (people who train and are paid to be experts in the arts
of cooking) in promoting a generally better all around kitchen experience
to other people is a win in my books.

In other news that you may find of interest regarding Govt. initiatives
with natural gas; some pro-biomass stoves (and heaters) legislation seems
to be coming out of Vancouver where they plan to ban gas! :P

''For restaurants, the problem is vastly apparent. Ninety-nine per cent of
all restaurants cook with natural gas due to the need for high heat.

“Gas is more faster [!] and the heat is stronger, more powerful,” said one
chef interviewed by Global News.

“The question I asked the city when we found about this, inadvertently, is
how are we going to handle this?” Ian Tostenson of the B.C. Restaurant
Association said. “And no one knows. So I’m angry because it creates
uncertainty for the small business person, which is not right.”
Phasing out natural gas means consumers must shift to renewable forms of
energy, like electricity, which costs upwards of three times more than gas,
or methane gas......''

Regular usages of natural gas:

   - Gas stove tops and ovens
   - Gas-fueled barbecues
   - Gas fireplaces.....''

http://globalnews.ca/news/2958288/city-of-vancouver-votes-to-ban-natural-gas-by-2050/

Teddy

*Cookswell Jikos*
www.cookswell.co.ke
www.facebook.com/CookswellJikos
www.kenyacharcoal.blogspot.com
Mobile: +254 700 380 009
Mobile: +254 700 905 913
P.O. Box 1433, Nairobi 00606, Kenya

Save trees - think twice before printing.