[Stoves] Off-topic news: Uni of Iowa hosts conference to save millions of lives globally

Nikhil Desai pienergy2008 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 13:16:52 CDT 2017

Andrew:

Even taking the Wikipedia definition you offer - "Pollution is the
introduction of contaminants into the natural environment that cause
adverse change" - one has to show that CO2 causes adverse change (net
change to what, when, how) before reaching your conclusion that "CO2 is a
pollutant  when it enters the atmosphere from any  process."

Since anthropogenic CO2 is usually co-emitted with other species, as part
of a process (fuel combustion or landuse change), all effects of that
process have to be valued and summed in order to determine if the process
led to a net adverse change.

So far, the only significant example I have found is inefficient,
uncontrolled combustion of low-quality biomass.

Nikhil

Nikhil Desai
(India +91) 909 995 2080
*Skype: nikhildesai888*