[Stoves] List of woods for TLUDs?

Nikhil Desai pienergy2008 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 16:19:41 CDT 2017

Dear Dr Karve:

Could you please give your views on why briquetting urban tree waste does not seem to be widely used in India? I don't know if the municipal corporations can use    the fuel themselves, but selling it along with TLUD stoves to the commercial market - even school lunch programs - should not be that difficult.

Or do we need the Berkeley brethren to compute aDALYs from avoiding open burning of leaves and twigs?

Briquetting and charcoaling machines take energy. Is that a problem?

Nikhil