[Stoves] "Those of us who believe that the WBT is critical to stove improvement"

Andrew Heggie aj.heggie at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 11:06:34 CST 2017

On 7 December 2017 at 02:54, Crispin Pemberton-Pigott
<crispinpigott at outlook.com> wrote:

>The protocol used to test NO emissions in diesels was 'gamed' rather easily. Adopting a protocol that is difficult to game would be a better option.

It's an interesting concept in itself; that countries stipulate a
standard for engines to reach before they can be sold into a highly
sophisticated market with high standards for testing and:

1: a major player can distort the tests

2: the tests don't relate closely to real use anyway

I haven't bought a new car so it hasn't affected my choice, so why
should a stove tested to any standard affect a consumer?

Andrew