[Stoves] Understanding TLUDs, MPF and more. (was Re: Bangladesh TLUD )

Andrew Heggie aj.heggie at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 14:24:30 MST 2017

On 10 December 2017 at 15:32, Gordon West <gordon.west at rtnewmexico.com> wrote:
> I took a look at the Adams Retort design and watched a few videos. A couple
> of questions come to mind:
>
> 1) How does one determine that an MPF exists in an A-R?

Gordon it doesn't, the term is used to describe TLUD a means of
producing a wood gas which uses a natural phenomena that works over a
fairly narrow range of wood moisture contents and air.

Of course there exist moving regions in a piece of wood as it either
dries, burns or pyrolyses  but they were never described as Migrating
Pyrolysis Front before discussion about Inverted Down Draught or
Paul's term TLUD came into general use.

Andrew