[Stoves] Understanding TLUDs, MPF and more. (was Re: Bangladesh TLUD )

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Mon Dec 11 20:29:42 CST 2017

Dear Gordon

The MPF in an Adams Report is seen when using small biomass, just as in a TLUD small-fuel pyrolyser. It is also seen in gasifiers that does not make char. The YDD charcoal gasifier (used to run engines) has an MPF and it burns pure charcoal. As Andrew says, it is a natural phenomenon, not something unique to TLUD's (or BLDD's) nor to char-makers.