[Stoves] stove

Frank Shields franke at cruzio.com
Mon Dec 11 23:44:36 CST 2017

Dear Philip,

There may be a lot more things we can determine once we get control of
the six variables And that will depend on how much control we can get.
Even the discussion Paul and Crispin are having as the CO and CO2
reactions will need control of the biomass properties and packing before
answers (with help with using helium surrogate) is determined.  And we
must be using real wild biomass prepared for the combustion chamber or
the results will mean nothing when the stove and test results are
delivered to the receiving site.

I don't know if we can get the variables controlled enough to do what
you suggest about determining high and low power possibilities. That may
be left to Cecil and his ethnography work to see what people like best.

But I do feel certain that nothing will be done (like for the past ten
years) until we do get control of the variables. This is not an
engineering problem - like it has been treated. Simply going from
biomass fuel > to > completed task. And how well people like using the
stove.

Regards

Frank Shields

Gabilan Laboratory