[Stoves] stove

Frank Shields franke at cruzio.com
Thu Dec 14 21:56:07 CST 2017

On 12/14/17 5:37 PM, Nikhil Desai wrote:
> Frank:
>
> You wrote, "I don't know if we can get the variables controlled enough
> to do what you suggest about determining high and low power
> possibilities. That may be left to Cecil and his ethnography work to
> see what people like best."
I'm thinking (as Tami suggests) that a stove works best with a good
active combustion. We should not try to slow the flame to lower the
Power. Perhaps that can be done at Box-4. Use a heavy cast iron pot or a
thin plate metal pot depending on the power wanted to get into the task.
Lift the pot higher than optimum to lower Power or add more water.

<snip>

> Even in a narrow geography of one agroclimatic zone, the variations in
> fuel quality and prices, stove use patterns, may vary quite a bit and
> you may not find the control over variables that you want. (Except,
> say, you had a processed fuel that can be delivered economically and
> reliably.)
Fuel quality and stove use patterns will vary. The purpose of what i
suggest and what others have left unmentioned when using processed fuel
in their stove tests. And it is true that we may not find the control
over variables that we want - That's science. At least we will know
precisely what the problem is.

<snip>

> Nikhil

Regards