[Stoves] stove

Nikhil Desai pienergy2008 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 19:37:39 CST 2017

Frank:

You wrote, "I don't know if we can get the variables controlled enough to
do what you suggest about determining high and low power possibilities.
That may be left to Cecil and his ethnography work to see what people like
best."

If you have to face the gaggle of "global" priests, of course they will
laugh you off about controlling all the relevant variables worldwide. I
would too except these priests have little appreciation of what the
relevant variables are and keep on counting the angels dancing on a pinhead.

Even in a narrow geography of one agroclimatic zone, the variations in fuel
quality and prices, stove use patterns, may vary quite a bit and you may
not find the control over variables that you want. (Except, say, you had a
processed fuel that can be delivered economically and reliably.)

But at least, that is a step in the right direction.

The priests think the world revolves around them, like the world used to
revolve around the earth. Heretics must be meted out punishments while the
priests enjoy sumptuous meals and alcohol.

Nikhil