[Stoves] Understanding TLUDs, MPF and more. (was Re: Bangladesh TLUD )

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 23:09:14 CST 2017

Dear Andrew,

The fact that the oxygen in the biomass can combine with carbon in the same
biomass to produce carbon dioxide is demonstrated by anaerobic digestion
taking place in a biogas plant. This reaction is enzymatically regulated.
Therefore there is no heating involved, but the fact remains that one gets
carbon dioxide and also a high energy product, methane, from it. In fact,
all anaerobic organisms take up oxygen from their substrate and produce
carbon dioxide. The energy released in this process is used by them in
their metabolic processes.

Yours
A.D.Karve

***
Dr. A.D. Karve

Chairman, Samuchit Enviro Tech Pvt Ltd (www.samuchit.com)

Trustee & Founder President, Appropriate Rural Technology Institute (ARTI)