[Stoves] Top lit updraft combustors

Xavier Brandao xav.brandao at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 17:29:30 CST 2017

Dear Andrew,

"I did not think Dean Still or others at Aprovecho claimed their WBT was the be all and end all of testing, it was something they used and seemed to be picked up in the absence of other protocols."

This is not correct. There was no "absence of other lab protocols". I believe the HTP has existed since 2012 and CSI since 2012 or 2013. I don't think the Aprovecho has tried using these protocols. The WBT issues are known for years. I don't believe the Aprovecho has tried to work on them, or even talk about them. They have consistently promoted and recommended the WBT, and kept selling "ISO certificates" on their website, no matter what. This is what is reproached to them.

"Now we are seeing criticisms but unfortunately Dean and his co workers have been so offensively criticised on here that they no longer reply to give their views."

I don't know if I have been offensive, I don't think so. If I was please tell me where.

I think Dean Still and the ARC dont want to react on this list, simply because they don't want to admit they don't have any answer to the questions. I asked Dean Still personally by email about these questions, and he did not reply to them.

Best,

Xavier

---