[Stoves] Top lit updraft combustors

Andrew Heggie aj.heggie at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 17:36:20 CST 2017

On 19 December 2017 at 20:57, Nikhil Desai <pienergy2008 at gmail.com> wrote:
<snipped non sequitur>

> You say, "black carbon particles from biomass fires are the ones that have
> been implicated in lung problems and possibly once they get into the
> bloodstream are DNA disruptors"
>
> Not all PM2.5 is black carbon.

Pay attention at the back Desai senior

I was making the point that the sooty black PM we have coming from
burning biomass (or badly burning kerosene or bituminous coal for that
matter) have adsorbed on their surfaces the Poly Cyclic Aromatic
Hydrocarbons that are amongst the most worrying  for the  lung and
possible carcinogens.

As such they are a subset of all PM2.5 and presumably among the most
toxic outsde of industrial exposure to asbestos fibrils, thus taking
on board that all PM2.5 do not have the same toxicity.

Andrew