[Stoves] Top lit updraft combustors

Law, Steven (MOECC) Steven.Law at ontario.ca
Mon Dec 18 11:01:31 CST 2017

Thanks Norbert, I will take a look at this and see how to use my new calculation model to support this method.

For example, I do everything on a wet basis, so all the moisture in the wood fuel is accounted for in the mass balance. I even separate the H2O in the flue gas generated from the combustion of hydrogen in the wood from the evaporated moisture in the wood fuel. These two quantities of H2O are then added together in the wet flue gas.

I also have a dry volume basis calculation since that is how the dry flue gases are measured in the field. I designed the model to blend both lab analysis data for the wood and LHV efficiency with field data for emission measurements and HHV efficiency. It should be fun to figure this all out.