[Stoves] Who paid for development of popular improved stoves. (was...Re: "Those of us who believe that the WBT is critical to stove improvement")

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Tue Dec 19 15:02:52 CST 2017

Dear Paul

I was thinking of stoves that have been ‘widely adopted’ and 40,000 copies is not in that category. Chine has a biomass stove design that was adopted in the 20’s of millions. They have a coal stove design that is even more widespread. Both were designed with public funds.

India’s improved chula was publicly funded and there are many millions of them.

The Primus kerosene stove was privately developed, correct? That gained widespread use and was a huge improvement over the prevailing technologies.

What else from the private sector?

Thanks
Crispin