[Stoves] LPG import in India

Andrew Heggie aj.heggie at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 18:47:49 CST 2017

On 28 December 2017 at 23:55, Crispin Pemberton-Pigott
<crispinpigott at outlook.com> wrote:

> I heard this week that the EPA announced, after innumerable delays, that there is no evidence that glyphosate is carcinogenic - something totally ignored by nearly all same news outlets, save three, that for nearly two decades raised the alarm that 'it might be'.

Well there may well be no evidence yet, it's only been around since
1974 and I was fully grown by then.

I well remember a conversation with my GP (medical doctor known as
general practitioner in UK) in 1970, he was also the medical officer
for our local gasket factory, denying any problems with asbestos which
was used in the factory. There have subsequently been a cluster of
asbestos related lung cancers in the town in workers and this is
expected to peak around now.

> What would suit the stove industry is a similar declaration that some forms of PM and far less dangerous than others, giving us specific targets for elimination.

I'd love to see this but as benzo[a]pyrene is found in woodsmoke (and
in charred meat) is this likely?

Andrew