[Stoves] Experiment in generating light using stove heat

kgharris kgharris at sonic.net
Mon Feb 13 03:15:56 CST 2017

Todd,

For 5 years I have been visiting Aprovecho and have never seen anything like this:

"or maybe they are stoned as usual."

Perhaps your knowledge base is outdated on this.

The small photo shows a bright LED light and a bright diffusion flame.  Is there smoke?  Does the flame need to be this high to get enough power for the LED?  Can a moderate cooking flame light the LED as might be needed by the cook?

Looking forward to seeing your new products.  From what I can see in the photo the stove is beautiful as is usual for SilverFire.

Kirk H.