[Stoves] Experiment in generating light using stove heat

Todd Albi todd.r.albi at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 22:53:32 CST 2017

Crispin:

Congratulations on your efforts.  Will look forward to seeing further
developments.

We found it interested that ASAT/Aprovecho (ARC) awarded a $100K SBIR grant
by the EPA for a TEG cook stove, due to ARC's claim *they specialize* in
thermoelectric generation cookstoves.

"ASAT specializes in heating, cooking and thermoelectric generation (TEG)
technologies and has developed clean biomass cooking stoves with Department
of Energy grants."

We will be curious to see if the champions of the WBT's TEG stove currently
exists, or will perform as poorly as their emission equipment did
previously' or maybe they are stoned as usual.

We will launch a side fed TLUD thermal electric stove 2nd or 3rd quarter of
2017, that is currently in actual production to measure market interest.
The EPA sure could have saved a lot of grant money for technology that is
already in production.  Unless subsidized, unfortunately quality TEG cook
stoves that deliver more than 5 watts of power are going to be difficult to
produce at low cost to the BOP, in our experience.

​
Regards,

SilverFire.