[Stoves] Combustion characteristics of biomass fuels in a fixed bed micro-gasifier cook stove

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Sun Feb 19 07:36:15 CST 2017

Tom and Stovers,

Thanks for that reference and abstract.

I am not going to pay about US$40 to read it, but when someone does,
please send comments to the Stoves Listserv.   I am particularly
interested in the
> The two mode operations of combustion processes namely flaming and
> char mode of the fuels were also studied.
"Char mode".   Interesting.   Burning char in a TLUD is not good
practice for cooking, but maybe the laboratory scientists want to learn
about something that is sub-optimal for cooking and shortens the life of
the stove.  This is all too common in the "peer reviewed" publications:
Out of touch with the real-world applications of micro-gasifiers.

But maybe it is not a TLUD????   "fixed bed micro-gasifier stove" might
be something else?    Or do the researchers choose to ignore body of
literature with TLUD mentioned??    The list of references (seen at the
provided link) certainly avoid any document with TLUD in its name, but
did include the first edition (2011) of Christa Roth's major book.

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype:   paultlud    Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com