[Stoves] Combustion characteristics of biomass fuels in a fixed bed micro-gasifier cook stove

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Mon Feb 20 08:51:01 CST 2017

Stovers,

With thanks to Tom  Miles.  He sent
> This was a prior (2015) paper by the same author as the recent
> citation from Anna University in Chennai.
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/283092306_Experimental_evaluation_of_a_forced_draft_micro_gasifier_cook_stove_using_juliflora_wood_and_coconut_shell

Key from that publication is the list of 3 stoves tested:   Oorja, TERI
SPT-0610, and Eco Chulha (by Abellon).  You can search the internet for
each and see photos and info.

What they all have in common is FA (forced air or fan assisted). In
basic TLUD configuration (or some fan-jet approach?). Especially the
Oorja encourages the "char-mode" after any migratory pyrolytic front
(MFP) has finished.

The "char mode" is KNOWN to burn out the guts of these stoves, but these
stoves are still in use and are reserched with respectable budgets and
probably awarding  of academic degrees.

I suspect that few such researchers read the Stoves Listserv.   Sort of
like reinventing a wheel that is not round.

No further comments at this time.

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype:   paultlud    Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com