[Stoves] Advocacy action...

Bond, Tami C yark at illinois.edu
Tue Feb 21 09:29:39 CST 2017

Thanks for your nice summary, Adam.
Baldwin’s book suggests the place of context for different tests and I believe that Dean frequently refers to that book.

I have been meaning to post about the activities in the ISO group, because it seems like some people are unaware of what’s happening.
I am really busy right now— hope to do that toward the end of the week. Not details, just a summary for information.

The short story is that the field has *already* moved on and there are opportunities to improve the evaluations that will be recommended— from working on details of protocols to identifying when protocols shouldn’t be used. The productive way is forward, not back.

You can have your voice heard in this endeavor by contacting your national standards body and getting appointed to the technical committee and working group that you are interested in. You do not have to be a “tech geek” to participate. Consumer advocates, people with field experience, manufacturers, etc. are very welcome and are a normal part of standard-setting committees. If you have positive contributions, you will be put to work.

Tami