[Stoves] Biomass and climate-neutrality (Re: Ron on Kirk Smith)

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Fri Jan 6 10:07:13 CST 2017

Dear Ron

I too am glad to see that I am not qualifying in the ‘denier’ category’. I thank you for clarifying that term, as you use it.

I also asked for some other definitions for other terms you use. As this one is unexpected I eagerly await the other definitions.

>Oh, dear. I don't know what if anything you have read from Kirk Smith. You could start with  his opinion pieces - "In Praise of Petroleum", "Power to the People", and "The Petroleum Product That Can Save Millions Of Lives Each Year".

I find this set informed and realistic. I ask that people be as realistic about those in what I call “Cold Asia” (which includes Cold India) and their domestic energy needs.

I have further confirmation from the front in Kyrgyzstan this morning that the over all fuel savings of those installing the Model 5 low pressure boiler is 40% and that they are running their house much warmer. As you can easily understand, the LPB saves much more than 40% of the fuel, but some of it is turned into much greater comfort plus 40% savings.