[Stoves] Biomass and climate-neutrality (Re: Ron on Kirk Smith)

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Fri Jan 6 14:52:27 CST 2017

Nikhil,

You wrote:

> “/*To begin with, biomass is not GHG-neutral. Period*. "/
>
> This time I will give you some suggestions to read - Ruddiman
> <http://stephenschneider.stanford.edu/Publications/PDF_Papers/Ruddiman2003.pdf> and
> Unger <http://pubs.giss.nasa.gov/docs/2013/2013_Unger_un02100s.pdf>.
> Also this
> <http://www.humansandnature.org/william-ruddiman-and-the-ruddiman-hypothesis>.
> Prove me wrong.
I looked at the abstracts of those three documents and did not see
support for your statement.  Certainly there have been changes in the
atmospheric CO2 in past thousands of years.  But that is not the essence
of what is being stated, which is:

A living plant takes in CO2, grows, dies and CO2 eventually goes back
into the atmosphere (allowing for delays while the root rot, or for
geologic time for formation of fossil fuels, etc., which is not what is
being discussed).

For me, this specific topic is concluded.

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype:   paultlud    Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com