[Stoves] Performance analysis of a top lit updraft (TLUD) gasifier stove, operated with respect to fuel characteristics of multiple types of biomass feedstock

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Fri Jan 6 11:38:50 CST 2017

Dear Frank

Don't spend anything yet. Let us ask Riaz to answer those questions.

Thanks Riaz.

For a declaration of interest, I am one of Riaz's co-supervisors.

Subject: Re: [Stoves] Performance analysis of a top lit updraft (TLUD) gasifier stove, operated with respect to fuel characteristics of multiple types of biomass feedstock

Dear Crispin,

and if Riaz (hi Riaz) is unwilling to do that what then?

If someone purchases the study and posts it in this group are they going to get a knock on their door a couple days later?

I have spent 40$ on many reports that have been a complete waste of money and being at such an early stage of  the work thats needed this I am sure will be the same. One question I think you can answer is: ‘fuel characteristics’ what does that mean? Is it the difference between oak chips and corn cobs? OR between high carbon density (Carbon / cu-cm) and low carbon density biomass etc. etc…..

Both would make for a good study with leading to many future studies down the road. With all the millions being spent comparing the pm2.5 produced between a  ‘3-stone fire to the microwave oven’ I would think this could be made free to the public it being so important in getting the real needed research moving. A lot more research and science is in the future. All stove labs should be very busy this year - should be.

 Finally a real study leading to a real solution - thanks

Frank