[Stoves] Coal and biomass in India (Re: Ron)

Andrew Heggie aj.heggie at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 05:20:54 CST 2017

On 8 January 2017 at 07:13, Traveller <miata98 at gmail.com> wrote:

<snipped>

In fact so much snipped I am amazed about the output from your
terminal, is it cut and pasted or do you really type so fast on the
fly? I'm limited by my two fingers and occasionally looking up at the
keyboard to see what I have actually typed.

> not be interested in emissions from coal combustion? Or you only want to
> save people from biomass smoke and not coal smoke?

And of course this is where the straw man enters.

We have frequently said this is a discussion about cooking stoves
fueled by biomass. Yes we do have a few excursions into other topics,
like pollution from dust, diesels and burning rubbish  and also
interesting illustrations from other types of combustion or mitigating
air pollution but the main topic remains.

With the number of subscribers we need to remain focussed because  the
"noise" generated by the larger discussions on financing research, the
need for carbon sequestration etc. simply distract and detract from
the discussion of [stoves]

Andrew