[Stoves] Clean fuel is contextual (Re: Frank, Crispin)

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Sun Jan 8 22:43:27 CST 2017

Frank and all,

Group A is the main group, and has sub-groups, some (many) with good
supply of biomass (not pellets).  The Deganga study discusses this
group.   Our Champion TLUD stove there (West Bengal, India) has over 50%
subsidy (that is paid back easily via the functional carbon credits), so
the stoves are eventually profitable for the people, but there is a
shortage of up-front capital to get the stoves out of the factories.

Note:  The projects and the factories are separate entities.   Do not
expect a metal working factory to finance a stove project that needs 2
to 3 years to break even and then have surplus for many years.

And even with the low price of US$15 per stove, there are also payment
plans for less than $10 with monthy payments that are earned from the
sale of the charcoal produced as a "byproduct" of the wood fuel that is
only have the quantity of the fuels with the mud and 3-stone stoves.
Sort of  win, win, win, win, and more wins.

I will be presenting on this at the Saturday evening session of ETHOS
(28 Jan in Seattle area), public meeting open to all.   Bring your friends.

Group B can include many people in the middle class in the poor
countries.   But there are also TLUD stoves for that group, especially
the Forced Air ones like Mimi-Moto and FAABulous.

BIG progress with TLUDs is already moving.   More info in the next few
weeks.   See you at ETHOS.

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype:   paultlud    Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com