[Stoves] Solarcooking

Andrew Heggie aj.heggie at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 04:06:07 CST 2017

On 30 January 2017 at 05:29, Dr. Dieter Seifert <doseifert at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> 30 years ago, I installed a photovoltaic lighting in a Spanish farmhouse,
> owned by the family who received me as an 8 years old child in 1950 for 9
> months, when Germany was in ruins and my family with five persons had a
> living space of 9 square meters. The installation in Murcia had a 40 Watt
> panel with a simple 2-axis tracking device. A SK-parabolic solar cooker
> (600 Watt) served for comfortable cooking (of course in combination with a
> hay basket) and we saved quite totally the consumption of LPG.

Dieter

Has the technology for solar cooking moved on much from your Spanish
installation?
What conditions, latitudes etc.  make solar cooking deployable, Here at 51
degrees North and a maritime climate I doubt there are more than a handful
of days I could rely on it.

I for one  find solar cooking interesting and it is probably relevant for
[stoves] to be kept informed, discussion of other issues about the human
condition are best discussed elsewhere.

Andrew