[Stoves] Solarcooking

Dr. Dieter Seifert doseifert at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 30 04:46:52 CST 2017

Dear Andrew,

In the meantime there were i.a. international solar cooker tests
(ECSCR-Test at the Plataforma Solar at Almería/Spain and GTZ-Test at
South Africa with encouraging results and recommendations) promoting a
lot of improvements.

My family, living at 48 degrees North, uses the SK-type solar cookers I
designed,but the main intention was to help people suffering from
firewood crisis, who normally live in regions with abundant sunshine.
Also the great demand for appropriate jobs, for saving expenses and
creating income has always been a driving force for the engagement of
all the participants worldwide.

Kind regards,
Dieter

Am 30.01.2017 um 11:06 schrieb Andrew Heggie:

> On 30 January 2017 at 05:29, Dr. Dieter Seifert
> <doseifert at googlemail.com <mailto:doseifert at googlemail.com>> wrote:
>

>     30 years ago, I installed a photovoltaic lighting in a Spanish
>     farmhouse, owned by the family who received me as an 8 years old
>     child in 1950 for 9 months, when Germany was in ruins and my
>     family with five persons had a living space of 9 square meters.
>     The installation in Murcia had a 40 Watt panel with a simple
>     2-axis tracking device. A SK-parabolic solar cooker (600 Watt)
>     served for comfortable cooking (of course in combination with a
>     hay basket) and we saved quite totally the consumption of LPG.
>

> Dieter
>
> Has the technology for solar cooking moved on much from your Spanish
> installation?
> What conditions, latitudes etc.  make solar cooking deployable, Here
> at 51 degrees North and a maritime climate I doubt there are more than
> a handful of days I could rely on it.
>
> I for one  find solar cooking interesting and it is probably relevant
> for [stoves] to be kept informed, discussion of other issues about the
> human condition are best discussed elsewhere.
>
> Andrew

---