[Stoves] PM emissions from engines

Andrew Heggie aj.heggie at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 05:14:15 CDT 2017

On 6 June 2017 at 10:44, Nikhil Desai <pienergy2008 at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is no - repeat NO - quantifiable link yet between lifetime exposure to
> PM2.5 pollution from all sources (indoor, tobacco smoking, second hand
> smoking, ambient from all natural and anthropogenic sources) and life
> expectancy at any particular age.

Okay, so far part of a good answer: so are you actually saying that
indoor air pollution is not a quantifiable cause of bad health, yet we
know respiring particulates is?

I'm still convinced reducing IAP is worthwhile and practicable with
better stoves and venting.

> Ron Larson apparently disagrees. He should get me a precise number for
> reduction in my DALY if I stop living in this polluted urban environment of
> India and start living in a bubble professors live in.

Why spoil an informative post with unnecessary and ad hominem remarks,
Ronal and all other subscribers are welcome to their views and this
sort of remark won't change them, rather the opposite.

Andrew