[Stoves] solar cooker response (changing thread name)

Bernhard Müller bs_mueller at gmx.net
Thu Jun 15 00:29:25 CDT 2017

Dear Nikhil and Crispin,
thanks for your encouraging words. I am 70 in the meanwhile and slowing down but I can assure you that European countries - among them Germany - continue to set up projects more than ever. They became more silent and intransparent in the meanwhile. I am concentrating - as a board member of the German NGO LHL (Lernen Helfen Leben) - on small poverty oriented projects regarding solar cookers, ND-TLUD gasifiers and fireless cookers only.
I archived almost the entire documentation of the gtz South Africa project. At these times I had a solar cooker producing company and even sold many of the cookers produced by Koch through my own distribution chain. A South African NGO, Sunfire Solutions, emerged strongly out of the mess and is still disseminating solar cookers.
The world market of solar cookers is presently dominated by 1 Chinese producer and 2 American companies now who make very aggressive advertisement and PR, also with wrong and exaggerating arguments: GoSun and OneEarthDesign. Patrick Sherwin of GoSun even speaks about the „United Nations Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves“. Shall we Europeans adopt this behaviour or continue with honest marketing?
Have fun, have sun!
Bernie