[Stoves] [biochar] Re: The Akha TLUD - Biochar Project in Bangladesh.

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Wed Mar 8 10:40:52 CST 2017

Paul,

Richard Stanley's holey briquettes, or making leaf cakes,  serve a
particular need. The concept can be used in other ways. Pulping straw before
densifying it reduces power and wear. (There is science behind that which I
won't detail here.) Pellets are made this way in India and elsewhere. Cubes
or briquettes can also be made this way. This is all mechanical equipment
that needs to be suited to the scale and capabilities. In most cases you
wouldn't consider rebuilding dies every 20 hours but it apparently works in
the right circumstance. A lot more can be, and has been, done on small scale
densification.

Tom