[Stoves] Fuel Management - Bamboo Sawdust

Andrew Heggie aj.heggie at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 19:02:52 CDT 2017

On 14 March 2017 at 17:09, Crispin Pemberton-Pigott
<crispinpigott at outlook.com> wrote:
> Dear Tony
>
> One of the good uses of sawdust when you have electricity is a simple fan
> and sawdust combustor.
>
> If you start a fire and spray air containing sawdust into it, you can get a
> really hot clean fire. It will probably be best to do it against a ceramic
> wall, like fire brick.

Crispin and Tony

A long time ago I saw a sawdust burner that was largely self tending
using this method.

It was a high mass cyclonic burner and the combustion air entrained the sawdust.

The sawdust was held in a 205 litre barrel with both ends removed and
this sat above a slowly rotation disc. Thus a small layer of sawdust
formed on the disc and this was sucked through a simple paddle
centrifugal fan and delivered into the combustor.

I do worry that Tony's post says the bamboo sawdust is treated??

Andrew