[Stoves] Kenya: To use or not to use fuelwood?

Rebecca A. Vermeer ravermeer at telus.net
Tue Mar 21 14:22:19 CDT 2017

Dear Crispin,
You are right! - Kerosene and water don't mix (immiscible) and the water condensate at the bottom of the pot came from the burning of 25 ml of kerosene. When I reduced the amount of kerosene to 15 ml and applied it to only half of the kindling, the problem of water vapour condensing at the bottom of a pot (or wok) disappeared. I think a little waiting time for the kerosene to burn off before placing the pot on the stove helps prevent the problem as can be seen in the video and photos below.

Cooking Performance of Eco-Kalan Stainless Steel TLUD Stove, Nilat-an, March 13, 2017

https://youtu.be/oUbbiEcN7Rc

Cooking Performance of Eco-Kalan Stainless Steel TLUD Stove, Nilat-an, March 13, 2017

https://goo.gl/photos/F2b9smQ1Vi8gS3AW6

Many thanks,

Rebecca