[Stoves] Advocacy action: ask the GACC to stop promoting the WBT

Xavier Brandao xvr.brandao at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 11:28:11 CDT 2017

Dear Ranyee,

You didn't reply to my previous email of the 14/03.

The proceedings of the last ETHOS conference still haven't been
published, and there is no information about the Round Robin Testing on
the internet.
We would like to know the RRT more in detail.

Hence my few questions:

  * Is there a document, like a report, which presents and describes the
    Round Robin Testing?
  * What is the goal of the RRT?
  * When did the RRT start, and when do you expect it to finish?
  * Which protocol(s) will be used during that RRT? Which data is gonna
    be compared?
  * "The agreement that the testing centers made when making plans for
    the RRT is that participating centers would not be shared".
    Shouldn't the origin of the testing data be shared? Can we still
    know which organization is coordinating/managing the RRT?
  * When you say /"//protocols have already been changed and updated
    from the WBT"/, which protocols are you talking about?
  * Is the GACC now able to officially declare the WBT has serious
    flaws, and therefore should not be recommended to certify stoves or
    select them for programmatic purposes? This was why I meant by
    "taking a decision about the WBT".

Thanks again and best regards,

Xavier