[Stoves] Wattle cuttings - some more corrections regarding the ELSA stove

CHRISTA ROTH stoves at foodandfuel.info
Sun May 7 15:52:29 CDT 2017

Dear Paul,
you said
> 1.  The mentioned Elsa stove is not by Dave Lello, but is by David Young

I would like to correct that: the stove known as the ELSA stove was not invented by David Young. The link http://stoves.bioenergylists.org/content/elsa-stove <http://stoves.bioenergylists.org/content/elsa-stove>  was posted by him to write about how he built one on according to the ELSA stove blueprints from the web.

The ELSA stove was invented in the framework of a EU funded Biochar project by a group of researchers from the Italian University of Udine. Find more on the ELSA stove and the project on https://sites.google.com/site/biocharplusproject/home <https://sites.google.com/site/biocharplusproject/home>

the company Blucomb later emerged from that group http://www.blucomb.com/en/home/ <http://www.blucomb.com/en/home/>

It is also featured in the GIZ-HERA manual microgasification https://energypedia.info/wiki/File:Micro_Gasification_2.0_Cooking_with_gas_from_dry_biomass.pdf <https://energypedia.info/wiki/File:Micro_Gasification_2.0_Cooking_with_gas_from_dry_biomass.pdf>

In Ghana I just ELSA stoves with a sturdy frame and either single or double burners which function very well. Apparently over 2,000 units were made and sold by artisans in the Cape Coast province in Ghana.
Best regards
Christa