[Stoves] How to make smokeless coal?

Darpan Das darpandasiitb at gmail.com
Mon May 22 12:53:31 CDT 2017

Dear Mr Frank

Carbonised coal is a broad term for coal heated under inert atmosphere, the
end product of which is called coke. The temperature is probably specific
to user needs and coal properties.

I have come across studies reporting heating of coal at 1000 C for
metallurgical applications and 600 C for domestic applications.

Regards
Darpan

Darpan Das
Research Scholar