[Stoves] Haiti document of comments

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Fri May 26 10:51:20 CDT 2017

About Haiti and TLUD stoves   (including reference to biochar)

I have placed on the Internet  a document I prepared to give comments to
the GACC and Canadian funders about inclusion of TLUD cookstoves in the
forthcoming efforts in Haiti.   We can discuss this while the GACC is
separately examining it, so I am making this document public.

http://www.drtlud.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Consider-Woodgas-Cookstoves-for-Haiti-2017-05-23.pdf

In addition, after my submisssion of the comments to the GACC, I have
received this report (below) concerning the stove and fuel issues on La
Gonave island of Haiti (which is discussed as a possible pilot site in
my document).   The report is from a well educated Haitian who recently
spent a few days on La Gonave.

"I have not enough time to make a formal survey, however I think that
these results are approximately right:

Of the 100 % of charcoal produced on the Island, more than 98% are sent
out of the Island to be sold.

Less than 1/2% (0.5% of households on the island) are using gaz, and 1%
charcoal, and the rest are using Wood or sticks."

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype:   paultlud    Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com