[Stoves] [biochar] Re: Haiti document of comments

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Mon May 29 16:39:55 CDT 2017

Rolf,

Thanks for the recommendation. Good info is on Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arundo_donax

"Overall, it resembles an outsize common reed
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phragmites> (/Phragmites australis/) or a
bamboo <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bamboo> (subfamily Bambusoideae)."

Has a hollow stem, which is LESS biomass, but is easier to cut and dry.
Considered an invasive species in New Zealand and some other places.

Wherever it is abundant, it could be a great fuel for TLUD stoves as
vertical segments bundled together, or chopped into pieces.

Please tell us about your experiences with it.

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype:   paultlud    Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com